The Shed Foundation is as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization established to educate and build Christ-submitted musicians in the Kingdom of God. We connect instrumentalists from all cultures and assist them in: having a relationship with Jesus Christ, realizing the importance of discipleship, having a biblical understanding of the pastor/musician relationship and becoming whole in every area of their lives!
1) We facilitate a yearly summit (The Shed Summit) to teach musicians their purpose and calling in the
kingdom. It is within this function that we reach the goal of our organization. Also, one of our focal
goals is to strengthen the relationship of pastors and musicians. During our 2008 Summit, we had
Marvin McQuitty, Jeff 'Lo' Davis, Judith McAllister, Joel Smith, Jonathan Dubose, Jr. and many
others who shared with us. For more information on our events, call (972) 989-3059.
2) We facilitate The Stanza Luncheon, that is held every first Thursday of each month, for music
ministers in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. We cultivate a Christian atmosphere where local
musicians and pastors can discuss their purpose in ministry. We also encourage unity and
accountability among those who wish to mature in their walk with God. Spoken word, music ministry
and panel forums are tools used to accomplish these goals.
3) To cultivate musical ability and maturity in musicians, we sponsor clinics and sheds. It is in this
function that we meet the musical needs of our members. At our 2008 Summit, our clinicians were
Jeff 'Lo' Davis, Jonathan Dubose, Jr., Joel Smith, Quennel Gaskin, Carlos Benson, Jamar Jones
and several other notable musicians.
4) We recognize influential musicians who have made significant accomplishments in the community by
giving them “The Musician Excellence Award”. These musicians are honored at our annual luncheon
during the Shed Summit.
5) Stanza: Where Musicality Meets Spirituality, is a devotional with discipleship lessons for music
ministers. It assists musicians in their spiritual growth and encourages unity among Christian bands.